Sandy Ln, Congleton CW12 4FP, UK
Astbury Mere Country Park
Dog- & family-friendly area with a network of trails & fishing lake on a former sand-quarry site.
- Park run
- Educational visits
- Orienteering course
- Guided walks and events
- Dog walking
- Water sports on the lakes are managed by Peak Pursuits
Congleton, Cheshire, CW12 4SD
Little Moreton Hall
Iconic Tudor Manor House
‘Logically it should not still be standing up!’
Seeing the tumbling architecture of Little Moreton Hall for the first time, engineers in 1990 could not believe their eyes. Fortunately this timber-framed building, curled around with a scenic moat, has defied logic for over 500 years.
Congleton in Cheshire CW12 1JG
This beautiful park in the market town of Congleton in Cheshire, is bordered by the River Dane and Park wood.
- Bandstand - brass bands, jazz concerts etc.
- Bowling Green - both Private and Public use
- Children's Play Area
- Jubilee Gardens
- Playing Field - rugby, sports and large events
- Town Wood - designated as an Ancient and Semi Natural Woodland as well as a county Site of Biological Importance
- Park or Jubilee Pavilion- Park Pavilion Bar & Grill
Jodrell Bank itself is underpinned by a story of great scientific achievement and discovery, intertwined with world events. It is home to the Lovell Telescope – recognised as a Grade 1 listed structure – the highest accolade given to important heritage structures in the UK.